What's your Carpet Style?
Your first carpeting decision should be about the color. And how do you choose the carpet color? Carpet color can change the entire vibe of your home. It’s an investment that lasts a long time so unless you have an unlimited budget to make carpet changes often choose wisely by avoiding trendy colors that you could tire of or will go out of style in a few years. There’s a reason we see more neutral colors on the market these days versus the 70’s and 80’s golds, olives, oranges and purples! Choose your carpet color according to your lifestyle. Kids and pets don’t do white carpet any favors. However very dark colors show lint and pet hair more so than neutral colors. Flecked colors are great at hiding lint and dirt in between vacuuming. If you are maintaining your wall colors and current furniture, coordinate your carpet to go with your upholstery and paint. If you are carpeting an empty space choose your upholstery first as sofas that aren’t custom made come in few color options so it’s easier to match the carpet to the couch rather than vice versa.
Carpet style is a result of it’s construction and how the fibers are attached to the backing.
TEXTURE CONSTRUCTION: Stylish and casual this carpet has long crimped yarns for a casual look that works for any room. With higher pile for a super soft feel, which helps hide footprints and vacuum marks it’s no wonder that texture is the most popular style on the market.
We know looks aren’t everything—so all our the products we install are designed to be durable and stand up to soil, stains and spills. Our carpet is made of strong and durable PureColor solution dyed fibers in styles that include Texture, Shag/Frieze, Pattern and Berber/Loop.
Once you schedule your free estimate with MyNewFloor.com our flooring expert will ask you questions about the room use, color, style and cost:
- How the room will be used
- Whether there will be heavy or light traffic on the carpet
- If there is direct traffic from outside coming in to the area
- If the room will be used frequently to determine whether a darker carpet should be installed
- If kids will be playing on the floor or whether it’s a formal room that is rarely used
- What the size of the room to determine carpet color as a smaller room can look bigger with a light color while darker shades can make a large room feel more comfy
- About the lighting as rooms with lots of natural light enhance the true color of the carpet where as darker rooms may require lighter shades.
- Whether you are installing new flooring to sell the home or to further enjoy your home (as a seller you will want to choose a neutral color)
MyNewFloor.com brings our mobile showroom to you so choosing the ideal carpet color and style is easy when you pair our various carpet swatches to your drapes, furniture, wall color and artwork. Another advantage to consulting with our mobile showroom is that the lighting in your home is different from the lighting in a showroom. As always our cost calculation is turnkey and includes removal of your old flooring, padding and installation.